GROUND HANDLING MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
Ground Handling Manager is responsible for all aspects of the safe, cost-effective and punctual running of Valley International Airport’s (HRL) Airline Ground Handling (GH) department. This manager will be responsible to own and maintain all airline client and local contract relationships relating to ground handling operations. The position will ensure that this GH department has the best possible representation in the local market, and that business is conducted in keeping with both HRL, TSA and FAA regulations. This manager will ensure that all key internal stakeholders from Director of Aviation level down are kept fully informed and are suitably represented as required on all issues concerning the local market and operation.
This role will be the most senior representative of HRL GH and, as such, will represent HRL at a senior level on both operational and commercial matters. This position will provide support elsewhere at HRL, as required. The Ground Handling Manager will report directly to the HRL Director of Aviation. Successful applicant must be able to pass security background investigation, physical, drug/alcohol screening test and in-house training. Salary Range: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00.
Applications may be obtained and returned: Valley International Airport, Third Floor, Harlingen, TX 78550. Mon – Thurs from 8 AM – 5 PM and Fri from 8 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 5 PM Email directly to: Celina P. Garza / email@example.com or visit our website: www.flythevalley.com for an electronic job application, or by fax: 956/430-8619. Please be advised that we do not notify applicants if they were not selected for the position.
- Lead and manage the GH department and airline clients at HRL to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, cost control and operational performance.
- Ensure that GH department operations comply with HRL’s safety standards at all times.
- Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of HRL GH department. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
- Provide for scalable growth for the HRL GH department in all areas including, but not limited to, the startup of new airline clients, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
- Supervise and support the GH Team in operational activities.
- Ensure GH department is staffed, equipped and trained to meet airline client standards.
- Ensures training records, safety audits and station supplies are maintained and available at all times.
- Ensures GH department is operated in accordance with client contracts.
- Proven years of experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational Airline Ground Handling;
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker;
- Advanced communication and people skills;
- Trained and experienced customer service skills;
- Creative and proactive personality with “can do” approach;
- Leadership skills;
- Experienced organization skills;
- Airside Safety Awareness;
- Work hour flexibility and ability to travel when necessary; and
- Computer skills.
VIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER